Monday 4 November 2013

Looking ahead

I believe it's always good to have something to look forward to. I have a really good friend that whenever i'm sad, tells me to imagine my future life, starting with where I'm going to live, down to the tiniest detail of the floor plan of the house, the fixtures and fittings and the colours of the walls, try it out, you'll find it way more fun that you expect. Hey, write it down and read it over in 15 years, see if you achieve anything you wanted to :)

So, in that spirit, I started looking at Universities yesterday, following an in depth conversation with my mum over a cup of coffee in a warm costa café, I decided that I want to start looking at where I'm going to be in just under two years time, aka a lot closer than I thought! I don't hate college, I actually really enjoy my classes and I'm not drowning under the amount of work, but the idea of something like University is exciting!


Through looking at Universities I've kind of creating a hierarchy of factors that are important to me in choosing where I would like to study, it goes a little bit like this:

  • Look at League Tables for specific subjects I want to take (currently basing this on law)
  • Distance from home, as much as I want some freedom and to discover something new I love my family and friends so realistically, don't want to be more than 3 hours away (however Durham is amazingly beautiful)
  • What it looks like, now I know this sounds seriously superficial but I like being proud of where I live or study, and there's something amazingly beautiful about all of these old universities, I went to Cambridge twice with my school and fell in love with all of the older colleges. I really don't like modern looking Universities, I'm going for the good old hogwarts look ;)
So this is what I've come up with so far:

  • University of Bristol (AAA)
  • Kings College London (A*AA)
  • University of Birmingham (AAA)
  • Durham University (Shown here ->)
  • Cardiff University (AAB)
Still got a while to go before I even need to start thinking about UCAS applications, but there's no harm in being prepared!

Megan xox

No comments:

Post a Comment